Town of Bridgewater is seeking applications for a full-time beautification leader. Must have the ability & interest to perform outdoor flower & shrub maintenance to include planting, watering, weeding, mulching, pruning & deadheading. Previous flower and shrub maintenance, nursery or gardening experience desirable. Position will also include other work as needed and required by the Town. Must have or be willing to obtain commercial pesticide applicator licenses. A valid Virginia Driver’s License is required. Applications can be obtained from our website (town.bridgewater.va.us) or picked up at the Town office located at 201 Green Street, Bridgewater, VA 22812.
Positions available to install and service signs. Good driving record required. CDL and electrical experience preferred. Competitive wages & benefits. Apply in person: Eddie Edwards Signs, Inc., 560 Waterman Drive, Harrisonburg
Open positions for the Omni Homestead Resort. External applicants may apply by going to http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/homestead-virginia.
You can find more detail about each of the 250+ jobs online at www.jobs.vt.edu.
Some of the featured jobs this month include:
- System Architect/Software Engineer
- Associate Vice President – University Relations
- Academic Advisor
- Associate Director for Hampton Roads Center
- Heavy Equipment & Trash/Recycling Lead Worker
- Coordinator of Diversity & Recruitment Initiatives for the Graduate School
- Payroll Specialist
- Custodian – Vehicle Service Attendant
- Housekeeping Salary Pool
- Dining Services Salary Pool
- Plus many more
Shamrock Farms – Verona, Virginia has added two additional positions to our Maintenance Technician team. We are looking for qualified candidates with Serac Filler, Fords Foil Applicator and Krones experience. Please see job link below:
Summary: Perform maintenance procedures at facilities and facilities equipment. To work with maintenance manager and use expertise to quickly diagnose problems and prevent excessive down time. Expected to help direct, train, and support other maintenance and production personnel.
• Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling systems, automated lubrication systems, and refrigeration equipment.
• Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
• Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
• Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
• Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
• Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
• Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
• Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
• Repairs broken parts. Sets up and operates metal working tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
• Modifies computer controls.
• Read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints.
• Operates welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
• Assists Mechanical Engineer to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
• Maintenance of refrigeration equipment.
• Other duties as required
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2+ years of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience and/or training
• Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shamrock Farms – Verona, Virginia is hiring a Maintenance Coordinator/Planner. We are looking for qualified candidates that will manage our CMMS system, part room inventory/purchase/receiving/accounts payable, rebuild parts for stock room, assist Maintenance technicians, and continue development of our preventive maintenance program. The qualified candidate needs to have a maintenance technician background, preferably planner experience with a mechanical and electrical background. Job link below:
Summary: Performs any combination of receiving, storing and distributing raw materials to assist in the manufacture and/or distribution of product. Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material. Work will include labeling item and working with warehouse equipment.
• Order and coordinate milk deliveries, cream sales and load outs
• Order, receive and coordinate all incoming packaging and ingredients.
• Analyze data and prepare reports such as inventory balance, values, shortages etc.; provide recommendations for changes to improve production efficiency, reduce inventory level, and ensure service to our customers.
• Maintain all receiving documents and records to ensure compliance with regulatory, third party audit, and customer requirements.
• Maintain stock rotation and lot code tracking to ensure ingredients and packaging are traced to finished products.
• Evaluate upcoming work orders, input production orders and determine raw material needs.
• Create warehouse transfer requests, select and track lots.
• Monitor supplier delivery schedules; monitor the flow of materials and components to conform to production schedules.
• Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records.
• Maintain inventories and compares data to sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to confirm accuracy.
• Verify computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies. Ensure inconsistencies are resolved in a timely manner.
• Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
• Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
• Stocks and issues materials or merchandise.
• Operate all Company warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• One to three months related experience and/or training
• Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs
• Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5°F to ambient temperature
• Basic computer skills. Microsoft Office.
Snelling Staffing has a temporary entry level IT position/project at Augusta Health. The project will include:
- Installing readers
- Uninstalling readers
- Testing readers
- Installing drives
This is a month long project, however, there will be a refresh period of 2-3 months. The hours for this project are 4:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and the pay is $15.00/hour. Augusta Health is a client of Snelling Staffing. To express interest forward resume and cover letter to Sonja Paulk at 757-548-1187 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They are looking to fill this position rather soon.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding environment, where you can use your skills, experience, drive and creativity to make a dierence, then we’re looking for you! We are currently seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position:
WIRELESS RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
We are always looking for enthusiastic and energetic sales professionals who have what it takes to close sales, exceed monthly quotas and are motivated to earn unlimited income!!
- The top priority for all Retail Sales Representatives is to ensure complete customer satisfaction by educating our customers on our products and services and to provide the right wireless solution to fit their needs.
- The opportunity to share your knowledge, connect with someone looking for answers and to build lasting and mutually bene-cial relationships is yours!
- Success-driven Retail Sales Representatives will consistently overachieve their monthly targeted sales goals.
- Do you have 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably in a commissioned environment and an innate drive to provide GREAT customer service?
- Do you thrive in a team based environment and want to work for a growing, cutting-edge technology based company headquartered in Virginia who plays an active role in our communities?
Benefits and More:
nTelos offers the following benefits to PART TIME employees to meet their health/wellbeing, financial and personal time needs!
- Medical /Dental/Vision
- 401k/Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for personal growth and development
If you have a GREAT sense of Teamwork, Leadership and Personal Accountability, then nTelos Wireless could be the next step in your career! Apply to www.ntelos.com/careers
nTelos is an equal opportunity employer
- Determine appropriate classifications for Technologies in accordance with US Patent Classification and International Patent Classification Systems
- This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is seeking a team driven environment, but also is a strong, independent worker
- The work facility is brand new in support of a contract with the United States Patent & Trademark Office
- This is an ideal job for a candidate who would like to make significant contributions to the patent industry while working in the beautiful surroundings of the Shenandoah Valley in Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Determine appropriate application classifications
- Classifications must be in accordance with the US Patent Classification and International Patent Classification systems
- Use technical knowledge, research and automated tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Must have demonstrated experience in one or more areas for the designated technology area (See Technology Areas Below)
- Strong decision making ability
- Proven ability to learn multiple disciplines
- Ability to show a high degree of initiative, while working with limited guidance
- The ability to multitask, think on the go and adapt to changing situations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to use automated systems to perform research and classification operations
- Demonstrated experience performing research
- Ability to function in a production-based environment, including operating efficiently, accurately and at a significant pace
- Motivated to exceed the contractual productivity and quality targets
- Ability to work independently without need of excessive supervision
- Ability to work on a computer workstation 8 hours per day
Location and Travel
- Worksite located in Harrisonburg, VA (Relocation Assistance Provided)
- No Travel Required
• Associates Degree or equivalent in a Scientific, Engineering, or Technology field
• Preferred Bachelors of science Degree in Scientific, Engineering, or Technology field
For a complete description and to apply, visit
KT Consulting Inc.
Stuart Hall School is a private, PreK – 12, co-ed, day and boarding school, located in Staunton and Verona, Virginia. We are seeking part-time after-care assistants and substitutes for the 2015-16 school year on our lower school campus in Verona.
We are looking for energetic, flexible people who enjoy working with elementary students, and who will uphold our Mind-Body-Heart-Spirit approach to education. The position involves actively working with young children ages 4-11, during after school hours of 3:00 – 5:30 P.M. Must be willing and able to participate in art & crafts, games, playground activities, and supervise homework.
Qualification requirements: Experience working with elementary age children. Preference will be given to candidates holding, or in the process of obtaining, a bachelor’s degree, especially in the field of elementary education. Passionate educator.
Email cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, applicable experience/courses to: