ABOUT THE OPEN STUDENT COMPUTER LAB
The Open Student Computer Lab provides currently enrolled students a place to work on assignments.
- 45 PC’s with Windows 7
- 5 Macs
- All PC’s have Microsoft Office 2010
- Netbooks for campus use. To check out laptops you must have your Student ID.
- Course specific equipment
- Wireless printing.
The Open Computer Lab is staffed with Lab Assistants are available who can assist you with your computing needs.
- Assist you logging into the Computers
- Provide assistance you using MS Office
- Google Drive
- Other Applications
- Answer common Blackboard questions
- Answer common computing questions.
- Check out equipment.
STUDENT COMPUTING EXPECTATIONS
BRCC students are expected to be familiar with course required software. The computer lab assistants are not responsible for knowing how to operate all of the software installed on the lab computers. The computer lab is to be a moderately quite work zone. Please be considerate of those around you and keep your conversations at a whisper and take your cellphone calls outside of the lab.
HELPFUL LINKS: Blackboard Tutorials
Atomic Learning is another tutorial site available in Blackboard. You can access it through your Blackboard Home Page or in your course under Tools.