Three 70″ tv screens have been installed in the back computer area. They will be used for our library instruction classes where students will be able to easily follow what the librarian is showing them on the Library’s website. The Library’s informational Powerpoint will be playing on these screens at all other times. Please let us know what you think.
Watch for free activities Houff Library is offering the week before and during finals week (December 2-12). They will include:
* back by popular demand – free half hour neck and shoulder massages! Yes, totally free!
* dog therapy. Come and pet a very friendly, beautiful and well-trained dog. It’s been proven that petting animals lowers your blood pressure (and your stress level).
* kitty and cat petting provided by Cat’s Cradle in Harrisonburg, VA.
* art therapy. The Library has purchased new and fun coloring books, crayons, and colored pencils for some quick stress-relieving fun.
* we will display our large collection of stress management books at the Circulation Desk where you may check them out.
* free food. First come, first served. Come early as it goes quickly.
* box full of bubble wrap that you can take with you and burst to your heart’s content.
* Nerf guns and bullets – get your frustrations out by shooting your friends. In the Library – what fun!
Houff Library is pleased to host a book signing and reading on Wednesday, Dec. 3 from 2-3pm. Perry Neel, philosophy and religion adjunct professor here at BRCC, has written a book entitled The One-Legged Barber and Selected Short Stories. Copies will be available for purchase at the signing and reading.
All inquiring Jane Austen fans want to know . Well, They have figured it out. Read here: