- Pre-requisite courses may be taken at BRCC, prior to being admitted to the clinical portion at JRSCC.
- Classes for the Respiratory Therapy Program are delivered online by JSRCC.
- It is required that a student travel two Wednesdays per month to JSRCC for labs during the first fall, spring, and summer semesters. Car pooling is encouraged.
- Clinical sites include Rockingham Memorial Hospital, University of Virginia Health System, and Martha Jefferson.
- After successful completion of the 6 semester curriculum, a student will earn an Associate of Applied Science degree in Respiratory Therapy from JSRCC. The student will also be eligible to sit for the CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) credential (the minimum of what is needed for state licensure) and the RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) credential.
- There is a potential for a student to be paid hourly for clinical rotations if a hospital has a student position open and wishes to employ the student.
- Students interested in the program are encouraged to contact one of the following persons as soon as possible to express intent to seek admission to the program:
Sherry Compton (804) 523-5013 or email@example.com
Nakia Austin (804) 523-5009 or firstname.lastname@example.org