Companion Animal Clinic in Blacksburg, VA is looking for a LVT or experienced Veterinary Technician currently enrolled in school, to join our busy AAHA Accredited 6 doctor hospital. Hiring for a full time position, flexible scheduling, rotating Saturdays are a must. If you’re enthusiastic, a strong communicator, and thrive in a team based environment, keep reading!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct and support surgical procedure, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, appropriate animal housing, record keeping, and ensuring specific pathogen free techniques.
- Proper restrain of aggressive dog and fractious cats
- Maintain traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, quality assurance procedures and record keeping.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; experience handling animals; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills.
Must be trained in the following:
Venipuncture, peripheral IV catheter placement, cystocentesis, reference lab submissions, use of IDEXX Catalyst & ProCyte, running SNAP tests, EKG, programming fluid pumps, measuring PCVs, use of refractometer intubation, anesthesia machine maintenance and pressure testing, O.R. setup, patient preparation and disinfection, vital signs measurements, setup and use of Cardell and Surgivet monitors, post-op monitoring and extubation, autoclaving and wrapping, and dental surgical procedures.
***We offer competitive pay and a benefits package that includes health insurance to our full time employees.
To Apply: Please submit the following application materials to Lodestro@VetEvolve.com with “Veterinary Technician” in the subject line:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position and relevant experience/qualifications
- Please include salary history for the past three roles