P/T Veterinary Assistant
A busy Bird and Exotic Pet Veterinary Clinic is seeking a Part-time Veterinary Assistant. Looking for either a LVT or non-licensed, experienced Veterinary Assistant/Technician.
* Serious applicants must be professional, organized, a team player and able to multitask with composure and professionalism during stressful and/or emergency situations.
* One year or more Veterinary Technician and/office experience, computer w/AviMark and inventory/stocking experience preferred.
* Must have basic math skills.
* Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs (assisted/without assistance).
* Must be willing and able to handle and properly restrain reptiles, birds and other exotic pets, as well as all breeds of felines and canines.
* Experience developing x-rays, collect blood, stool, urine or tissue samples for testing, perform in-house laboratory tests, prepare animal patients for surgery, administer and monitor anesthesia to animals, assist with dental and surgical procedures, provide nursing care to in-hospital patients.
* Must have the ability to ask questions along with great communication skills, be self-motivated, research various veterinary topics and educate clients.
* Must be flexible with work hours and able to add hours as needed.
* Must comply with safety regulations and hospital protocols.
Hours to include daytime, evening and some weekends and after-hour emergency.
Serious applicants only. Resume, references and applications will be accepted through the mail, in person, via the provided e-mail or fax (540) 989-4467. Receiving in person applicants M, W, Th, & F from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm only. Avian & Exotic Pet Clinic of Roanoke, Attn: Chrystie 3959 Electric Road, Suite 155, Roanoke, VA 24018.