2013 Virginia Hunger Symposium Schedule
Tuesday, Oct. 22
- 11a.m.-noon: Farm to Table Lecture by Chef Mike Lund , D109, Sponsored by Enactus
- Noon-2p.m.: Grilled Chicken Salad Bar & Magic Show, Plecker 126 B&C, $5 or $3 with Student ID, sponsored by SGA
- 12:30-1:45 p.m.: Hunger Simulation, Campus Commons, Sponsored by Enactus
Wednesday, Oct. 23
- 11a.m.-12:30 p.m.: A Place at the Table (film – 84 min.), Plecker Auditorium, Sponsored by PTK
- 12:30-1:45 p.m.: Hunger Simulation, Plecker 126, Sponsored by Enactus
Thursday, Oct. 24
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Students Make a Difference Panel Discussion (featuring BRCC & JMU Students), Plecker Auditorium
- 6 p.m.: Empty Bowl Dinner, Plecker 126, $15 per person (includes ceramic bowl, soup and beverage) Tickets may be purchased at the Coffee Corner or Fine Arts Center.
Friday, Oct. 25
7:00 p.m.: Brass 5: Big Bands on Review, Virginia Hunger Symposium Benefit Concert, Fine Arts Center, $20 per person minimum donation – ticket information
Step back in time as Brass 5 brings to life some of the best music from the best Big Band era artists: Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, Tommy Dorsey, Count Basie – and more. Founded by trumpeter Gerald Pope, Brass 5 has presented more than 3,600 programs throughout the eastern United States and Europe. The group also features the musical talents of Brian Quakenbush (trumpet), Patrick Driscoll (horn), Ed Griffin (trombone), Robert Chernault (tuba), and Sam Nash (percussion). Enjoy an evening of great music for a worthy cause!
- Student Club Can Collection (Technology Center)
- Feed the Fire Candle Sales (Coffee Corner).